Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey Patch 1.2 Now Live
Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey – reviewed here – has a very strong start but fizzled a bit in the long game, but the development team at Panache Digital Games has continued to work out the kinks and listen to the tweaks gamers have suggested in the months since release.
Today they dropped patch 1.2 for the PC release (consoles are expected to get the game in early 2020) and it has a slew of fixes as well as a few key tweaks players had wanted to see. Chief among those, especially for the completionists out there, is that upon final evolution all remaining genetic mutations will be activated. This will let players load up the game again to complete any straggler missions they had remaining!
If you haven’t given the game a chance yet, this is a great time to jump into the past and see if you have what it takes to get humanity back on track.
Here’s the press release:
We keep making the game better for you!
Here are more details on patch 1.2 which is already available.
- On final evolution, all remaining genetic mutations are automatically activated. This allows players to reload their save game and complete remaining evolution missions if they so desire.
- Meteorites smoke now lasts longer.
- Drinking water provides a new shield.
- Fleeing animals will avoid coming back to the same spot right away.
- Fixed an issue where a fear zone exit would sometimes change position as the player got closer to it.
- Fixed reinforcement points assignment issue when a neuron would be learnt via meteorite without having all its previous neurons learnt.
- Fixed clan members disappearing from Clan HUD in rare circumstances.
- Clan members being attacked by predators do not automatically reach safety when the player leaves the area.
- Fixed keyboard keys icons displaying placeholders when a PS4 controller was connected to PC
- Clan members inside a settlement will not mimic actions that force them outside of settlement
- Fixed animals sometimes being stuck on spot
- Animals can now only be discovered once
- Improved game stability