Belit's Fury Update Arrives in Conan Unconquered
Conan Unconquered had a strong release, with my review coming in at a 4/5, and Petroglyph has continued to improve the game with the latest content release introducing an all-new hero character as well as a slew of improvements and additions like scenario challenges.
Here’s the details, straight from this post on Funcom’s forums.
A New Challenger Approaches
She’s here to volley arrows and chew bubble gum. Introducing:
Born in Shem, Belit was a corsair, explorer and warrior. Worshiped as a goddess by her crew, she was Conan’s first and greatest love. Belit is a ranged unit who uses a Hyrkanian bow in combat. She has the range of an Archer with her damage falling somewhere between Conan and Valeria. She is equal to Valeria in movement speed.
Her deadly ability, “Rain of Arrows”, fires a volley of arrows at a target position, damaging everything in the area for the duration of the effect. If near a Brazier, the ability becomes “Rain of Flaming Arrows”. Belit cannot move while the ability is active but becomes immune to damage until the effect ends.
Please note that ALL heroes will be available to everyone when this patch goes to the Live branch later this month. This includes the archer hero, Belit and the powerful spell caster Kalanthes. This also means the Deluxe Edition of the game will no longer be available for purchase, but those who bought it previously will still keep the eBook and the soundtrack include in the Deluxe Edition.
- New Scenario Challenges – Five new locations can now be unlocked on the map of scenarios, each with their own specific challenges to overcome.
- Score Multiplier Notifications for our new Bonus Scoring System! Kill Streaks and other bonus are now more visible to players.
- In-Game Manual has replaced the hint system which is now available from main menu and in-game (pause menu)
- Scenarios are now highlighted within the challenge system on their own tab. Compete for high scores against other players in the most popular scenarios in the game
- New Unconquered Mode Option: Large Maps – Activating this option will increase the map size by about 20% in both single and co-op modes. (Note that this will affect random generation times and may impact performance on min-spec machines.)
- New Unconquered Mode Option: Random Start Position – Activating this option will randomly locate your fortress in one of 5 positions on the map
- Map Visuals – We have added many new map features, ruins and ground effects to maps so they will feel different between matches. Grass can be found in the new maps, for example.
Various Bug Fixes & Improvements:
- Fix for being unable to place a hunter shack in some circumstances. Could happen easily with save/load or placing a hunter shack over a previously destroyed one.
- Better, more intelligent pathfinding for ranged units that attack enemies on the other side of a wall.
- Fix for walls that could not be built in some locations which should have been valid.
- Several crash fixes implemented which could occur in a variety of situations.
- Sound effect plays when someone joins game lobby and when chat messages are received.
- All structures now use physics destruction mechanics (aesthetic only).
- Fix for spiders, scorpions, and raiders getting stuck inside of their spawning structures.
- Switching to the research build mode will tab to the category with new research items in it (only if there are new research items).
- Units adhere to walkable areas and avoid walking along cliffs better than before.
- Disabling drag select canceling sell mode if the user is holding down shift.
- Guardian kill multiplier is now shared between both players in coop.
- Wave survival multiplier is now shared between both players in coop. When either hero dies, both player multipliers now reset to 1X.
- Fix for Wave Tracker details missing after loading a load/save.
- On Infinite Wave Mode, past wave 40, the Icon tracker of a defeated wave did not disappear normally but now it does.
- Adding “new item” visual for when the player unlocks new objects via research or construction.
- Challenge system – slider added so that more than just the top 5 scores are displayed. Also added players score (at whatever rank they are listed).
- Hero wave survival multiplier icon and text will grey out (disable) when hero dies, and restore when revived.
- Score system: Game settings difficulty multiplier display added on the score summary / debrief screen.
- Score system: Added support for tracking highest score multiplier achieved, per player in all game modes.
- Wave pings disappear before the attack wave becomes visible to player during tactical gameplay.
- The Avatar of Mitra has new attack animations.
- Braziers now stop providing fire arrows if they are shut down.
- Quarry: Each blue stone resource square now grants 2 stone (was 1).
- Feat “I Claim This Land” (level 4): The reward for this feat has changed. Instead of being un-targetable by enemies, battle standards with this feat now regenerate health when not in combat. This change was made due to potential exploit issues with the original reward.
- Unconquered Mode: All solo and Co-op wave number selections have been revised to have more randomization in the waves. It should be much less likely to see the same enemies on the same wave number from match to match.
- The build times of all Scholar Guild research tasks have been reduced to 120 (was 150).
- Added Skeletons to wave attacks.
- The build time for all traps (Gas, Fire, Spikes) has been reduced to 1 second.
- Score system: Reworked Highest/Best Kill Streak to now be based on max kills, not max score gained from kills.