Dark Envoy Gameplay Trailer Released
Dark Envoy, an upcoming RPG (roleplaying game) that blends real-time pre-combat and tactical turn-based combat, is due out in the somewhat ambiguous time frame of ‘late 2020’ but the development team at Event Horizon has already released some gameplay footage.
I’m really curious about Dark Envoy, mostly for the 15 character classes and mix-and-match skill trees. I enjoy games that let you create your character exactly how you want, it’s one of the major reasons I loved MMORPG (massively multiplayer online roleplaying game) Asheron’s Call so much, and Dark Envoy looks to allow at least some freedom along that path.
With multiple endings, two player co-op, and an intriguing sounding ‘Player vs World’ mode, I’ll be checking in on Dark Envoy more as it nears launch.
Check out that gameplay, and here’s the press release:
First Gameplay Trailer for Dark Envoy Released Ahead of Gamescom 2019
Find Dark Envoy at Hall 10.1 A 71 this week at Gamescom
Explore the world using a Skyship as your base of operations. Seek mythical locations, and procedurally generated dungeons with optional tactical objectives. Choose wisely where to travel however, as the world map adjusts with the passing of in-game time. Locations will randomly respawn, becoming progressively more challenging for you and your party.
Wishlist on Steam here: https://store.steampowered.
- Non-linear RPG with turn-based combat accompanied by a real-time pre-combat phase where tactics and party power are equally important.
- Player choices impact the world: it can be destroyed or saved, and the stories that unfold will lead to multiple endings reflecting the characters’ personalities and decisions.
- Co-written by Michael Chatfield, an Amazon Top 100 Science Fiction / Fantasy writer.
- 15 unique character classes to discover – with the ability to mix skill trees – including some rare classes which can only be found in remote locations or through chained quests.
- Combat animations recorded using the studio’s own mocap and a kung-fu master acting out various fighting styles.
- Can be played solo, two player co-op, as well as a new mode called Player vs World where Player 2 acts as the final boss seeking to destroy Player 1 before they become too powerful.
- High-replayability factor due to large pool of quests and world events. One cannot uncover all of the content in a single playthrough.
- Website: https://www.darkenvoy.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/
- Steam: https://store.steampowered.
Dark Envoy is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One late 2020.