Dino-themed Survival-Horror Game ‘Goner’ Hits Kickstarter
I’m willing to bet you can’t watch the trailer for Goner, the upcoming Steam title from indie developer Loco Player, without thinking about Jurassic Park – but that’s far from a bad thing. After all, you’d be hard pressed to put a game of any kind on a tropical island filled with dinosaurs and not channel at least a bit of that classic film franchise.
In Goner, gamers will play as Anthony Sunder as he searches for his missing mother and her expedition. It quickly turns from a rescue mission into a fight for survival, as you’ll battle the environment, dinosaurs, and a lost civilization that’s hostile to outsiders.
You can back the game on Kickstarter here, with a pledge of ~$20 Canadian getting you a copy of the game when it releases. They’re already at $9,500 of the $38,624 goal with 29 days to go.
Here’s the press release:
Goner Ready For A Kickstarter Campaign On August 4
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain – July 28, 2020 – Independent games development studio Loco Players is releasing a Kickstarter campaign on August 4th to fund their new dinosaur-themed survival-horror Goner for PC.
In Goner you will embark on a journey of primal terror starring Anthony Sunder, a son looking for his missing mother and her expedition crew. His search will lead him to the location of a ghost island inhabited by hostile members of a lost civilization and feral fauna you thought extinct.
“There’re many dinosaur games but there has been no single player, story driven survival-horror game since Dino Crisis was released 20 years ago, and that one was not from the first-person perspective”, says Yeray Schwartz, CEO at Loco Players.
The developer’s Kickstarter campaign will help them to get more funds to cover the costs related to the production and development. Funds will be critical to improve core features such as animations, models and textures, as well as porting the game to other consoles and VR devices.
- Self-manage your hunger, thirst, fatigue, temperature and health.
- Hunt, collect, cook, drink, rest or craft.
- Save your progress using a specific consumable in a safe room.
- Limited inventory capacity.
- Day and night cycles with sun and moon phases + weather system.
- Complex AI and behaviors.
- Camouflage your smell with mud or water.
- Two Game Modes: Survival and Story.
- Custom your appearance and defenses with self-made armor or clothes, building and setting traps.
- The island will be fill with natural dangers such as toxic gases, poisonous flora and fauna, lava or quicksand.
About Loco Players
Based in the Canary Islands, Spain, Loco Players is a game development studio which members are fascinated for dinosaurs and video games. Their mission is to develop games they themselves enjoy to play. Their vision is keep developing games with a soul, keep it indie and artistic free. Goner is their first commercial title.