Fortnite Falls Into Black Hole, Emerges As Fortnite: Chapter Two
So Fortnite had an event over the weekend…maybe you heard about it? At the end of the event the entire world was sucked into a black hole – those in the game got to see everything get pulled into the void, while those who logged in afterwards got to see the menu screen before *blip* it all disappeared into the black hole.
And it stayed as a black hole for an uncomfortably long time, especially for me. You see on Sunday I had promised two of my kids: Sienna and Tyson, that they could finally – at long last – actually PLAY Fortnite. They’d jump into Creative, I explained, and learn how things worked and then they could each play one match of Battle Royale…just as soon as the event was done.
Well that didn’t really work out like we’d planned… The entire rest of their visit with me – they live with my ex – was ‘when is Fortnite going to be back?’ and ‘what are they doing with Fortnite?’ Tyson did rack up over 500,000 points in the ‘Konami code’ Durrr Burger mini-game clone of Space Invaders, however.
The good news is that the next time I get them they’ll be able to jump into Fortnite: Chapter Two – and it’s a whole lot different game… Swimming, fishing, bandage bazookas, new vehicles, new weapons, and a whole new map to explore. All that, plus massive changes to the leveling system – this really is a massive overhaul for the game on every level.
Here’s the press release:
Fortnite Chapter 2 Available Now
Chapter 2 brings some huge changes to Fortnite. You can check out some highlights below, and we encourage you to drop in and check it out for yourself, because there’s so much more.
- Drop in to a New World – Choose your landing spot and explore an all-new island featuring 13 locations.
- New Water Gameplay – Swimming, Fishing, Motorboats, and more!
- Support Your Squad – Heal your squad with the Bandage Bazooka, carry your fallen teammates to safety, and celebrate with new group emotes like high fives!
- Hideouts and Explosives – Hide in Haystacks and Dumpsters to get the drop on your opponent or go in blazing by blowing up gas tanks and explosive barrels.
- Upgraded Combat – Get back to basics and battle enemies with a streamlined weapon arsenal. Upgrade weapons using resources at the Upgrade Bench.
- More Fun, Less Grind – Level through the all-new Chapter 2 – Season 1 Battle Pass with a brand new XP system and Medals you earn in match.
For more information, head over to www.fortnite.com.