Patch 1.4 Drops For Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey
Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is a third-person action/survival hybrid that I liked – see review here – even though it had a little bit of a rocky launch on PC, but saw marked improvements added before it hit console – a trend that’s continued on.
The latest patch – up to version 1.4 now – adds a number of fan-requested changes, including loosening the requirements for evolution and making injured clan members easier to locate.
Here’s the patch notes:
- Controller vibration support: gameplay actions will now be accompanied by a vibration.
- New visual feedback on timing-based gameplay like combat and miscellaneous actions.
- New RPG nodes to automate some clan life tasks, especially mating and bonding.
- Simplified evolution requirements.
You no longer need to pass a generation to evolve. The only requirement now is to have an evolution mission available to evolve.
- “End game” update. After final evolution:
- All feats and fulfillment are revealed
- Each completed or unused feats are displayed as done
- Each completed or unused fulfillment during the last attempt are displayed as completed
- Fishing and pokable holes now require proper timing for success
- New mud item to discover
- Branch and thorn bush walls can now be deconstructed
- Precious stones have new properties for you to discover
- Failing a groom can make you lose bonding points
- Clan members will help reduce dopamine consumption in fear zones
- Clan members can take and add items in stashes
- Clan members can pick up items that are on the ground
- Clan members react to player’s discoveries
- Additional items added under liftable rocks
- Bleeding clan members are now highlighted in the clan HUD
- Balancing of the fear/dopamine values
- Pierced coconuts will no longer auto drop after having drunk their water
- Additional character animations make the clan feel more alive
- Fixed moon phase desync in time HUD
- Fixed an issue where elder females could be pregnant after a generation change
- Fixed some collision issues in world geometry that could lead out of the map
- Fixed a bug where chopper stashes didn’t appear in intelligence
- Fixed erroneous character positioning during some combat sequences
- Fixed a bug where carried babies could be invisible
- Improved game stability
- Fixed an issue where Xbox could stop saving after longer gameplay sessions.