Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Releasing On PS4 And Xbox One January 28th
As a longtime D&D player, I felt pretty comfortable with Pillars of Eternity – which released following a Kickstarter campaign that, full disclosure, I backed way back in 2014 or so. I never got a chance to play the sequel when it hit PC in May of 2018, but I hope to rectify that on January 28th when it comes to PS4 and Xbox One.
With a ridiculous number of character class permutations, the game provides players with an insane amount of freedom in the way they want to progress. I’m probably looking forward to that the most, as I’m a huge fan of playing RPGs a couple times, in vastly different ways.
Here’s the press release:
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire releases on January 28th 2020 on PS4 and Xbox One
Eothas awakes on consoles in shiny Ultimate Collector’s Edition
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire will come in the form of a Standard, and the Ultimate Collector’s Edition and will be available on January 28th 2020 for PS4 and Xbox One at an SRP of €59.99 | $59.99 | £49.99, and €129.99 | $129.99 | £119.99, respectively. The Ultimate Collector’s Edition will contain
- Game Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire [including the 5.0 PC patch], and all DLCs: Beast of Winter, The Forgotten Sanctum, Seeker, Slayer, Survivor
- 10″/25cm Od Nua Statue
- Spacepig Keychain
- Metal-optic 3D Sticker
- Premium Box
About Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
The god Eothas awakened from his sleep, erupting from beneath your castle, killing your people and stealing a piece of your soul. Now only you and your companions can uncover the rogue god’s machinations as he tramples over the Deadfire Archipelago.
Bend the world to your will as you explore the depths of infinite possibilities, including detailed character customization, total freedom of exploration, and more meaningful choices at every turn. Featuring an enormous open world, a massive cast of characters, and a story you can play your way, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Ultimate Edition redefines the role-playing game experience for a new generation.
- Play in either Turn-Based Mode or Classic Real-Time with Pause: Immerse yourself in a deeper single player RPG game experience – now with both classic real-time with pause and new turn-based combat, Deadfire builds on the foundation of classic tabletop gameplay more than ever before.
- A massive adventure: Over 100 hours of gameplay per playthrough.
- Play however you want: Detailed character creator character and over 1000 class permutations gives you the freedom to be whoever you want.
- Gather your party: Build your party and customize your companions to join you on your quest. Assign multiple classes and deeper abilities for each. Witness their personal relationships, reactions to player choice, and interactions with each other unfold.
- Beast of Winter DLC – Heed the call of Vatnir, a priest of the god of death, to halt the tide of destruction encroaching upon the living.
- The Forgotten Sanctum DLC – Battle your way through the bowels of a vengeful, sleeping god.
- Seeker, Slayer, Survivor DLC – Triumph or die in the Crucible of Kazuwari, where only the mighty reign.