Release Date Trailer Drops for Heavy Metal Action-Platformer 'Valfaris'
Just when you think there aren’t enough really weird games out there, here comes Valfaris – a heavy metal action-platformer that just looks absolutely insane. Want to take on a giant skeletal sniper? That’s in here. Want to use a giant machinegun to fight a huge eyeball with smaller eyeballs that orbit it? They’ve got you covered.
Now set all that insane action to a Curt Victor Bryant soundtrack that WILL NOT STOP ROCKING and you’ve really got something. Here’s the trailer:
This game is CRAZY and it hits Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4, and Xbox One in a staggered release starting with PC and Switch on October 10th, PS4 on November 5/6 (NA/EU), and Xbox One on November 8th.
Check out the press release, and pre-order a copy now!
Valfaris release dates confirmed. New trailer and screenshots released
Heavy metal action-platformer coming to Switch and PC in October, PS4 and Xbox versions arrive November
26 September, 2019 – Publisher Big Sugar and developer Steel Mantis are delighted to reveal the PC and console release dates for Valfaris. The heavy metal action-platformer will be available to download as follows:
- October 10: PC (Steam, GOG, Humble) and Nintendo Switch
- November 5/6: PS4 NA/EU respectively
- November 8: Xbox One
In addition to the standard version, a Valfaris Digital Deluxe Edition will also be available at launch for PC and PS4 that includes the game, original soundtrack (composed and recorded by former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant), and digital artbook.
About the game
Set in a far corner of space, Valfaris is a heavy metal infused 2D action-platformer and the next game from the team behind Slain: Back From Hell.
After mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has suddenly reappeared in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a self-contained paradise, the grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness. Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
Brutal combat. Deadly enemies. Stunning pixel art. Savage soundtrack.
Get ready to rip the galaxy a new wormhole.
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell