Skateboarding Sim 'Session' Adds New Gameplay Systems, Refines Existing Ones In Massive Update
The devs at Montreal’s creā-ture Studios released a massive update for Session, their skateboarding simulator, this week. The patch adds new gameplay systems like a trick-and-control system to help ease new players into the game, as well as refined existing systems and animations.
I like the new ability to choose between a true-to-life recreation of Brooklyn Banks or customized versions of it. After all, the Banks was THE spot for skating or BMX biking in New York City from the mid-80’s up until it was closed off to the public in 2010, but that doesn’t mean you can’t improve on it!
The studio also announced they’re partnering with indie dev iLLOGIKA to co-develop a version of the game for the Xbox One, scheduled to hit Xbox Game Preview in the spring.
Here’s the press release:
creā-ture STUDIOS’ SKATEBOARDING SIM SESSION DROPS MASSIVE PC CONTENT UPDATE, XBOX ONE VERSION COMING IN SPRING
Experience authentic street skateboarding at its finest with new terrain, new tricks, remote play and more!
MONTREAL – Feb. 19, 2020 – creā-ture Studios has released a substantial update for the skateboarding simulation game Session on PC. The studio has also announced a partnership with independent developer iLLOGIKA to co-develop the Xbox One version of the title, expected to launch via Xbox Game Preview this spring.
Session’s hefty new update features improved physics, more fluid skater animations and enhanced responsiveness, making each trick look and feel more lifelike than ever. Other big new additions include:
- The ability to remotely connect and play games of S.K.A.T.E against other players online via Steam Remote Play Together.
- A new trick-and-control system that makes it easier than ever to pick up and play.
- Slides and grinds are now smoother and players can more easily transition from one grind/slide to another without having to “pop” into the next one.
- The return of the original creā-ture park with new obstacles and spots representative of the NYC skate scene.
- Brand-new radio stations featuring over 30 new songs and artists.
- A new level layout feature that allows players to pick and choose between an exact, real-life replica of the Brooklyn Banks or more customized versions of the iconic skate spot.
- General game enhancements that make it easier to lock into grinds and avoid bailing, a tweaked revert system that caters to each player’s preference and much more.
Inspired by the golden era of skateboarding, Session captures the free-flowing creativity, culture and madness of the sport in its purest form with realistic skate physics for a truly grounded experience. The game features true stance-stick controls in which each stick on the gamepad controls one foot to replicate the real deal and teach you to pull off tricks like an expert.
PAX East attendees can check out this new content and get some tips from the creā-ture Studios team in person – the game will be playable at the Indie Mega Booth (Booth #24028) during the show.
Session is currently available for $14.99 (25% off) on PC via Steam Early Access until February 26. For more information, follow creā-ture on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.