Spellforce 3 Expansion ‘Fallen God’ Adds Trolls
I hate to admit it but Spellforce 3 is one of those games I just didn’t have time to jump into back when it launched in 2017 but looking at the trailer for Fallen God, the new standalone expansion that adds an all-new playable faction of trolls, maybe it’s time to give it a shot because this is a hot looking RTS/RPG blend.
The expansion includes an all-new singleplayer campaign that has multiple endings depending on your choices, and the game sports a host of new features for returning players, including weapon salvaging/crafting and character customization for your own character and companions via character shaping – where the decisions you make influence your companion’s skills and abilities.
There’s no release date set for the title yet, aside from a somewhat nebulous ‘2020’ but you can check out the details here on its Steam page.
Here’s the press release:
Let’s Troll: New Standalone Expansion for SpellForce 3 – Fallen God Introduces the Trolls
Vienna/Austria and Munich/Germany, June 6th – When the gods have abandoned you, there is only one hope for salvation: Find a new god! This is the conclusion Akrog, chieftain of the Moonkin trolls, comes to. He leads his clan through the continent of Urgath, struggling to survive. The player’s mission is to guide the new playable faction, the trolls, through an all-new 15-hour long singleplayer campaign. SpellForce 3 – Fallen God is a standalone expansion and can be played without having played any SpellForce game before (but we would encourage everyone to do so!)
Steam Store Link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1154040/
New features for the singleplayer campaign include:
- Salvaging of weapons to craft superior equipment for your tribe and your heroes
- The new character-shaping mechanic, adding true replayability value (see below)
- Multiple endings for the campaign, based on your decisions
- Character shaping throughout the single-player campaign:
- The choices you make in the campaign affect your companion’s skills and abilities. Plus they can contribute to the story through their own decisions, based on how you previously shaped their character.
- New playable faction: The Trolls. With their nomadic behavior, Trolls have a different playstyle than all other factions in SpellForce 3
- A new continent to explore: Urgath is full of mysteries and adventures for you and your heroes to discover.
- All-new soundtrack to underline the beauty and mystery of the new continent
- Full Steam Workshop integration and advanced modding tools
- Introducing Ranked Play: Compete with other SpellForce players in a 1:1 ELO-based ranked system, and become the champion of SpellForce
- Six different playable RTS factions: Humans, Elves, Orcs, Dwarves, Dark Elves and Trolls – each with their unique troops and heroes
- Create your own maps with the powerful modding tools and share them with the community
About SpellForce 3: Fallen God
Your dwindling, nomadic tribe of trolls has just one goal: survival. Plagued by vicious poachers who are after your precious tusks, and weakened by disease, hope is almost lost – until an enigmatic Elven stranger offers you, the young chieftain Akrog, a path to salvation: you must resurrect a fallen god.
- The perfect blend of RTS and RPG: SpellForce 3: Fallen God combines RTS and RPG gameplay for an exciting blend of storytelling and epic real-time battles
- Standalone game and story: Fallen God is a standalone expansion to SpellForce 3. You don’t need to be familiar with the story of SpellForce 3 or SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest to jump right in
- Single-player campaign: Featuring the dark, enthralling story of the long-misunderstood Trolls and their battle for survival, with a playtime of around 15 hours
- Customize your heroes: Combine skill trees and abilities to create the perfect heroes for your strategy
- Explore a new continent: Discover Urgath and solve its mysteries using unique hero interactions with the world
- Craft powerful weapons: Salvage legendary weapons and armor from other races to give your Trolls the edge in battle
- Lead your army to victory: Hone your battle strategy in an improved sector-based RTS system