If you’ve pre-ordered Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint (or gotten access via UPLAY+ or other methods) the pre-load for the closed beta is now available! The beta runs September 5-8th, so get it downloaded ASAP so you don’t miss out.
Ubisoft also dropped details on what to expect for the game’s first year post-launch content releases, and it’s sizable. Operation Greenstone hits at launch, and will be followed by a new content drop every four months. Each release promises hours of new content, including end-game, faction missions, and updates to both the PVP and PVE content.
They also dropped a new live action trailer for the game, starring Jon Bernthal:
And IGN put up a video showing off the opening 15 minutes of the game:
Here’s the press release:
TOM CLANCY’S GHOST RECON® BREAKPOINT DETAILS CLOSED BETA CONTENT AND UNVEILS YEAR 1 POST-LAUNCH PLAN
Pre-Load the Closed Beta, Take Part in the Man Down Charity Event and Catch Up on the Journey of Cole D. Walker, Portrayed by Critically-Acclaimed Actor Jon Bernthal, from Ghost to Leader of the Wolves in a New Trailer
Montreal — September 3, 2019 — Players can now pre-load Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint Beta to play from September 5-8 on all available platforms. Access to the Closed Beta is available to players who pre-order* the game, UPLAY+ subscribers**, players who participated in the game’s Online Technical Tests as well as randomly selected players who registered on the Beta sign-up page, ghostrecon.com/beta. Closed Beta players will also have the opportunity to take part in Man Down, a special in-game charity event to raise money for the global NGO Child’s Play.
- New Adventures: New story-driven content that expands the main story of the game will be available with each episode.
- New End-Game Content: Every Episode will bring new End-Game content. Episode 1 brings the Project Titan Raid. Players will explore an active volcano on a new island in the Auroa archipelago where they need to use all the skills learned on Auroa in intense four-play co-op challenges. The Raid is replayable and adaptable for all play styles.
- New Faction Missions: Factions in the game will evolve over time and every month, new narrative Story Faction Missions will be released, bringing context as well as character development. New Faction Missions will be available daily and will provide objectives to support the factions and their narrative arcs.
- New Classes: Three new classes will be introduced in Year 1, starting with the Engineer which brings an expertise in hacking.
- Live Events: These events will feature VIPs that will help Nomad tackle new, terrible threats. A new Event will be available with each Year 1 Episode and lasts one month.
- PvP Updates: In addition to the three new classes coming Year 1, which will be fully playable in PvP, new maps and updates will keep Ghost War players on their toes.
- Regular New Content: New content such as new missions, activities and unlockables will be available with each new episode.
For players looking to dive deeper in Auroa, the novel “The World of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint” releases on October 31. The book is now available to pre-order here and includes for insight into the making of the game, the creation of its universe and into Auroa’s secrets.
*Pre-order any edition of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint at participating retailers and platforms, strictly pursuant to the terms of the private beta phase to get access to it. Terms and conditions strictly apply and will be communicated on a later date determined by Ubisoft. Subject to availability and while supplies last. Content and system requirements pending; check all requirements/details/
**$19.99 per month. Cancel anytime. More information at uplayplus.com.
About Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint
Developed by Ubisoft Paris***, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint is a military shooter putting players in the boots of the Ghosts, an Elite US Special Operations Unit. Set in a diverse and hostile open world, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint offers an entirely new adventure playable solo or in up to four-player co-op, as well as PvP at launch.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Just Dance, Watch Dogs, Tom Clancy’s video game series including Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six and The Division. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2018–19 fiscal year, Ubisoft generated net bookings of €2,029 million. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.