Valfaris Getting Physical Release On PS4 And Switch
Developer Steel Mantis (Slain: Back From Hell) and publishers Big Sugar and Merge are teaming up on an upcoming action-platformer called Valfaris, that will be releasing this Fall via digital download for Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Those looking for a physical copy will be happy to hear the heavy metal action game will get a boxed edition for the Switch and PS4.
The boxed copies of the game are slated for release in November, but a firm release date has yet to be set for either version.
The game reminds me a bit of Dead Cells, but with a heavy metal soundtrack and aesthetic, and that’s by no means a bad thing. I’m super interested in seeing how it comes together for launch.
Valfaris physical versions will release for Nintendo Switch and PS4 this November
Boxed retail versions of heavy metal action-platformer coming courtesy of Merge Games
6 August, 2019 – Publisher Big Sugar is thrilled to officially confirm that physical versions of its upcoming action-platformer, Valfaris, will be available at retail for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 this November. The boxed versions come courtesy of publisher and distributor, Merge Games. An exact release date for the physical versions are still to be confirmed.
The physical versions are in addition to the digital release of Valfaris across PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One. Release dates for the downloadable version will be announced in the coming weeks.
About the game
Set in a far corner of space, Valfaris is a heavy metal infused 2D action-platformer and the next game from the team behind Slain: Back From Hell.
After mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has suddenly reappeared in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a self-contained paradise, the grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness. Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
Brutal combat. Deadly enemies. Stunning pixel art. Savage soundtrack.
Get ready to rip the galaxy a new wormhole.Key features
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell