Warcave Reveals New Turn-Based Tactical RPG: ‘Black Legend’
Warcave is a Belgian game development studio, which no doubt helped shape the background lore of their new turn-based RPG, Black Legend, which features creatures from the folklore of Belgium, Greece, and Germany.
Exploring the city of Grant isn’t going to be easy, given that it’s shrouded with a ‘deadly fog that inflicts madness’ and all…but the promise of turn-based tactical combat is enough to prompt me to give it a shot when it hits PC and both current- and next-gen consoles in 2021.
I’m a sucker for character customization and the idea of creating my own character ability sets using cross-class abilities sounds pretty intriguing. I could turn out a supremely powerful character, or someone that’s a glass cannon who needs everything to go just perfectly to survive…who knows which it’ll be?
You can find out for yourself when Black Legend hits next year.
Here’s the press release:
Can you save a cursed city? Find out in Black Legend, a new Turn-Based Tactical RPG
Geel, Belgium, September 9, 2020 — Warcave has revealed their brand new turn-based RPG, Black Legend,coming to PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Switch next year. Master the art of alchemy and old-school strategy in this dark fantasy world directly inspired by folklore and stories from 17th-century Belgium and the Netherlands.
Watch the Trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cri4qViLjxk
Lead a band of mercenaries into the cursed city of Grant, a metropolis shrouded in a deadly fog that inflicts madness upon anyone in its path. Use steel, alchemy, and close-quarter tactics to battle a deadly cult of fanatics and devout followers of the great alchemist Mephisto, who have taken control of the city.
As you explore Grant, you’ll piece together stories from survivors, discover new equipment and classes for your team, and delve into many locations during your quest to discover how to stop the city’s curse from spreading.
Black Legend Features:
- Strategy-Focused Gameplay: Approach each combat with a tactical focus, where unit placement, ability combos, and well-chosen attacks are key to survival. Black Legend focuses on old school strategy vibes, but without the 95% percent chance misses.
- Explosive Combos: Mix up your ranged and melee combat by using alchemy for a wide array of explosive effects. Combine stacks of four different alchemic attacks to injure, poison, and debilitate your foes, but be warned, they will do the same to you.
- Extensive Character Customization: Build your mercenary band with a wide array of classes, each with unique abilities. Improve each of your mercenaries with new weapons, armor, and trinkets, and create your own ability sets by equipping cross-class abilities.
- Choose Your Difficulty: For those who wish to see the story, the path can be gentle. For those who wish for difficulty, even the slightest mistake will be greatly punished.
- Historic Enemies: Black Legend fills the city of Grant with creatures from Belgian, Dutch, and German folklore like nekkers, Halewijn, Witte Wieven and Old Red Eyes.
- An Engaging Story: Dive into the narrative through environmental storytelling, colorful NPCs, and rich set pieces.
- An Entire City to Explore: Free-exploration lets you investigate the many alleys and streets in the city of Grant. Different districts host a wide variety of architecture and environments — you never know where you’ll discover a hidden path, a treasure trove of new items, hidden quest, or recruitable character.
Warcave is a Belgian game development studio founded in 2017 and located in Geel, Belgium. We are a dedicated team of developers, designers, artists, programmers, and most importantly gaming enthusiasts. We create epic groundbreaking titles for PC and next-gen platforms with great interest in strategy and RPG games. All of our games are developed in-house. We build and nurture long-lasting and inclusive communities around gaming experiences that engage, connect, and exhilarate our players.