Warhammer 40K: Dakka Squadron Unveiled, Aiming For Q4 2020 Release
I’m a sucker for Warhammer 40,000 games, and the last few years have been pretty kind to the IP, and hopefully that continues with Warhammer 40,000: Dakka Squadron – an aerial shooter scheduled for Q4 2020 release.
The trailer gives an idea how fast-paced the combat will be, and though I have to say I’m not all that impressed with the visuals just yet it IS pretty early on so we’ll see what it looks like closer to release.
It reminds me a bit of Crimson Skies, only set in the Warhammer 40K universe, which isn’t a bad thing at all. I’ll be keeping an eye on this one as it gets closer to release.
Here’s the press release:
WARHAMMER 40,000: DAKKA SQUADRON Announced for Multiplatform Release
Warhammer 40,000: Dakka Squadron will scream “WAAAGH!“ into living rooms, featuring blazing, Ork aerial combat waged across 41st millennium battlefields.
Coming for PC and Console Q4 of 2020.
CHICAGO – Feb. 20, 2020 – Phosphor Games Studio in partnership with Games Workshop is excited to announce Warhammer 40,000: Dakka Squadron. Available later this year for consoles and PCs, Dakka Squadron is a fast-paced, aerial shooter where the player is an Ork Flyboy, taking to the skies to do what Orks do best – fight!
With 3rd person, action-packed gameplay and intuitive controls, players will choose a Waaagh! (or campaign) and take part in a series of missions across alien worlds. Players will fly against insane odds, blasting away with their Supa-Shootas against enemy air forces and ground targets, while unlocking new weapons and upgrading their Dakkajets to be the most “dead killy” Flyboys in the sky.
All of the player actions revolve around fighting. Building and crafting is for the grots. Choose an Ork Clan and customize your squadron to augment your play style. Fly Dakkajets, Burna-Bommas, and Blitza-Bommas, equip them with an array of guns, bombs, and missiles, learn special maneuvers, and unleash your dakka to conquer a galaxy riddled with ancient enemies.
- Hone your skills to climb the ladder of the Ork faction; start off as a lowly Flyboy and conquer worlds to become a Warboss.
- Explore incredible environments across multiple planets through a 20+ mission campaign
- Fantastic voice over acting and dialog unveil a complex plot and capture the grim humour of Orks in the Warhammer 40,000 universe
- Complete missions, perform challenges and unlock achievements to discover powerful Orky weapons and receive incredible fighta upgrades
- Master dog fighting, dive bombing, and carpet bombing and use different playstyles to complete varied air to air, and air to ground missions.
- The first video game built from the ground up by Orks for Orks.
Warhammer 40,000: Dakka Squadron will be coming for PC and Console in Q4 2020.
More detailed information about the game, as well as social media links, can be found on our website: www.dakkasquadron.com