Wreckfest Fall Update Brings 4K to Console
Wreckfest brought back the insane demolition derby action that gamers had been missing, and developers at Bugbear Entertainment have kept supporting the title with regular content additions and bug fixes, including the Fall Update which just released. There’s a slew of fixes and additions, with the highlight for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X owners being an upgrade to 4K rendering for those with the high-powered consoles.
Here’s the changelog, courtesy of THQ Nordic and Bugbear Entertainment:
- Added two new tracks: Drytown Desert and Rockfield Roughspot.
- Added support for player-created private lobbies.
- Optimized loading times.
- Added support for switching region (region unlock).
- On PS4 Pro and Xbox One X the game is now rendered in 4K resolution
- Added a third damage mode: Intense. This is same as the “Realistic” with which the console versions launched; in other words, “Realistic” with attacker’s advantage enabled.
- Improved AI raceline on various tracks.
- Taking the loop on “Deathloop” no longer causes damage to the car.
- Added an AI Set for Limo.
- Increased Wingman strength.
- Reduced Limo strength slightly.
- Wheels no longer clip the fenders of Venom nearly as easily.
- Lawnmower and other small vehicles are no longer invincible against small to medium nudges.
- Added improved iconography to the garage user interface.
- Added new, unique icons for armoa and visual upgrade parts.
- Added upgrade tier icons for performance parts.
- In career heat races, event specific loading screen is now displayed also between the heats.
- In Custom Event, the correct AI Set is now displayed after changing the vehicle.
- HUD can no longer appear in the main menu after being disconnected from an online session.
- Improved local car prediction precision to reduce input lag.
- Reduced warping of remote cars when playing with high latency.
- In lobby, the server name no longer overlaps the track name at the top.
- Lobby options are no longer incorrectly grayed out in case the user is in the Tune screen when a track change occurs.
- Improved particle rendering performance, improving framerate especially in events featuring large vehicles.
- Increased title stability.